Monday, January 28, 2013

Chips & SALSA!

I don't know if I am alone here or not, but I could probably eat most all of the salsa at a restaurant, WHEN it is good.  When I married my husband, I am pretty sure that I lucked out.  His Grandma is from Mexico and makes an amazing salsa.  So amazing that I used to get excited for leftovers! I made Brandon get the recipe from her so that he can make it at home.  I was pregnant at the time and NEEDED it in my life. 

What you will need:

-Can of WHOLE PEELED TOMATOES (28 oz can)
-About 3 stalks of green onions(washed)
-A bushel of cilantro(washed)
-Garlic Salt
-Crushed Red Pepper

The first thing you want to do is open your can of tomatoes and pour some of the juice out.  You don't want watery salsa!  Dump the tomatoes in a blender, close the lid and hit the pulse button about 3 times.  Just quick little blend is all you need so that the tomatoes become chunky salsa looking!  Pour it out into the bowl for the remaining preparation

Next you want to take your green onions and chop just the very end off, still leave some white at the end.  I then slice the green onion length wise, then start the normal chopping.  You want to FINELY chop this up. Add this to the bowl of tomatoes

Take the cilantro and just go chop wild on this.  Chop it up as small as you possibly can, you will want to add about a cup of cilantro to the salsa.  Maybe 1 1/2 cups.  Throw this in the bowl with the other ingredients.

Now you want to add a heaping tablespoon of garlic salt, and a tablespoon of crushed red pepper.  The crushed red pepper is REALLY based on taste...how HOT do you like it?

When you are done, stir it all up, and you will have something that resembles this yummy goodness!  


I use it on chips, on steak, on Spanish rice, my two year old even loves it!  Questions and comments are ALWAYS welcome!
 

 photo siggymandie_zps92d33361.png

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I want to go home and make some now!! I LOVE Salsa!! I am stopping by via the GFC blog collective hop and now following your blog

    lessofmemoretolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete